[ale] final plea for help (more kernel panic info)

Greg runman at telocity.com
Sat Jan 4 05:06:26 EST 2003

For the hardware it is easy -
	Check all connections and replace cables if you suspect them (I have had
them go bad)
	Test hardware in another PC and vice versa. Test only one component at a
time.
	Can you put Windows 98 on it ? (windows is sometimes more forgiving)
	Can you put OpenBSD on it (I try it like windows - sometimes it tells me
what is bad during the install)
	Have you googled for problems ?
	If you are using a RAID through BIOS controller then you are destined for
problems.  I have both normal and RAID controllers on my board.  Linux does
not support the RAID yet.
	Have you tested your memory ?  It seems that it might be bad.  I am
assuming that you are using ddr memory ? (doesn't your board take that type
? I thought that I read it somewhere.)

For the software
	Could your install medium be bad ?
	I am just assuming that there is no possibility of virii
	Have you tried removing every single thing and trying it ?  I think that I
also noticed that your board has 2 eeprom bios chips (for backup - though I
have never had a BIOS go bad)

	Good Luck,
	Greg Canter