[ale] OT: prefab contracting agreements?

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Thu Jan 2 23:28:37 EST 2003

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, John Wells wrote:

> I need to draw up a contract agreement for a company I'm preparing to work
> for.
>
> I've been surfing various "legal" document sites, but am wary of whether
> they are truly "legal".
>
> Anyone know of a good resource for legally binding contract agreements?
> Or does this *have* to be done by a lawyer to be done right?

The canned stuff works well when you have a very clearly defined scope of
work and are dealing with an organization or individual that you KNOW to
be ethical and reasonable. If those qualifications are not met, I go to a
lawyer. Usually it costs somewhere in the neighborhood of $150-200 bucks
to have them review it for loopholes that could bite you later. It does
help to have lawyer friends sometimes.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security