[ale] OT: prefab contracting agreements?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Jan 3 08:25:42 EST 2003

Drawn up on a bar napkin with beer stains, signed and notarized, is a
legal document.

What you are looking for is a document that covers your backside against
problems. Those are often, in the case of small business, crafted by the
owner/CEO and reviewed for inconsistencies by a lawyer. For the big
business, they are drawn up by the in house legal department.

Remember, if a document is signed as a form of agreement, it is legally
binding unless terms are themselves illegal. It does not matter who
wrote the document, only who signed it.