[ale] exporting a screen

Cory T. Echols ctechols at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 3 08:04:37 EST 2003

On 01/03, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> I open a session with Ctrl+Alt+F1 on machine2
> I start a long process that exports the results to the screen.
> I turn off the monitor to machine2.
> I am sitting at machine1 and want to see what is on the screen of machine2
> using machine1's monitor.
>
> How do I do that?
> How do I see the screen for Ctrl+Atl+F2?

Sounds like a job for GNU Screen
(http://www.gnu.org/software/screen/screen.html).

With screen, you would start your "long process" inside a screen session
on machine2.  Then when you are sitting at machine1, you could ssh into
machine2, and connect to your running screen session, and like magic,
the output of your "long process" would be available just like you were
sitting at machine2.

--
Cory T. Echols          | "Whatever enables us to go to war, secures our
ctechols at mindspring.com | peace."