[ale] KDE vs. GNOME

Jason Vinson jason.vinson at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 2 15:20:38 EST 2003

Hi folks,

I am looking for some feature lists to compare KDE3 and Gnome2.0, and I
figured you all could probably list them better than anyone else.  I am
not looking to start a Window Manager War, but I would like to see what
everyone lists as their favorite feature or biggest dislike of each.  I
have gone through a few different WM's (black/fluxbox, windowmaker,
waimea, gnome 1.4 and 2.0, kde 2.x) and I have wound up in KDE3 at the
moment.  It feels way more solid as a whole than the Gnome environment,
yet not quite as flexible.  Any thoughts concerning this?

Jason