[ale] project help - postgres or mysql?

Ricardo Davis Ricardo.Davis at PowerSystems-IM.com
Thu Jan 2 14:35:39 EST 2003

John,

I assume that you made sure that the current application makes use of
none of the special features of Transact-SQL.  You also should look
at how the database is currently maintained, backed up, and recovered
during various failure modes.

Once you've done this, you need to forward look at how the migrated
application will be used based on business goals.  This should help
you narrow down the choice of open source DBMS to use.

-Ricardo