[ale] gpilotd crash on Evolution

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 2 14:15:48 EST 2003

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 05:52:24AM -0500, Sergio Chaves wrote:
> Good Morning Alers!
>
> I have a Sony Clie T-615 and downloaded the latest version of Evolution
> (SuSe8.0). Setup works fine except when I try to hotsync - tried coldsync
> but could not make it work - it says that "could not connect to gpilotd".
> Logs states that gpilotd crashed.
> So, I exorcise The Laptop, bring gpilotd back to life only to have the
> misterious "crashing spirit" haunting my poor Laptop and crashing gpilotd
> again.
> Does anybody know a way around this problem?

Use J-Pilot.  ;-)

Seriously, I've found gnome-pilot to be way too unstable and flaky,
especially with USB devices.  If you really need it, make sure you
upgrade to the latest version of pilot-link, currently 0.11.6, and the
latest gnome-pilot, which is around 0.1.71, I think.  Even then, I think
it's recommended that you install Evolution from source.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9