[ale] OT: 802.11b radiation? (was: Wireless Design Suggestions)

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Jan 2 10:31:02 EST 2003

So how do you feel this morning? Any new hair growth (or loss), tingling
in extremities?  :)

That was pretty much what I was expecting. Another interesting test is
to put a steam source or a water balloon between the AP and the client
and measure the attenuation. That would verify the interaction with
water. As the human skeletal system is composed of an organometallic
matrix of calcium, that can account for some attenuation in the same way
a sheet of aluminum foil can attenuate a radio signal.

A water balloon with a small amount of salt in it (for conductivity) and
a thin metal wire in the water connected to a common ground would
probably block the signal completely. A fish tank would work as well.