[ale] Wireless Design Suggestions

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Thu Jan 2 10:24:56 EST 2003

I spent several hours trying to get a powerline network to work.  It looks
really nice.  There are several little boxes you can buy for about $100
that provide a bridge bewteen ethernet and powerlines.  If you buy one
such box for each computer, there is not need for cat 5 wiring, at least
in principle.

In my case it never worked, but the tech support guy I talked to who new
somthing (after hours on the phone to someone in india, or somewhere, who
knew nothing) said one of my boxes was broken--but there was no way to
tell which one.  They both got returned.

But it sounds really nice.  They claim 14 Mbps.

--Michael