[ale] SNARE?

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Wed Jan 1 18:42:30 EST 2003

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Geoffrey wrote:

> Seems like this would be a good thing to stick on an existing port that
> you're not using.  Like 80 on a mail server...

Once upon a time, someone was passing around the source for a modded
netcat that could be used in a similar fashion, only it listened on the
actual port and logged traffic while simultaneously re-directing the
traffic to the legit service running on another port. If memory serves, it
was somewhat buggy but the foundation was there. At one point I had the
source and was planning to work on it a little, but never got around to
it. I'm sure it could be found if someone was willing to do some research
on google.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security