[ale] Agh! Can't download RH ISOs

Jerry Z. Yu z.yu at voicecom.com
Fri Feb 28 10:14:09 EST 2003

	define TMPDIR to whereever you like, then run LYNX again.

	or, use ncftpget instead.

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Joe wrote:

#Hey folks,
#
#I just blew $60 on a RH network subscription. So I'm trying to download the
#ISOs so I can burn them. It's a simple request: I want to download the
#images to my home directory, which has a large number of free GB.
#
#But both Mozilla and Lynx insist upon downloading the images to /tmp
#and moving them to my home directory. That doesn't work; /tmp is on
#a partition with only about .5GB free. Sure, I could move it, but
#what a pain; and I shouldn't *have* to.
#
#The RHN instructions say, "Please copy the URL for your ISO image into
#this curl command:
#
#curl -C - -O <the URL>"
#
#But that doesn't work. When I try it, curl downloads a page that says,
#"Nyah nyah, you aren't authorized, you thieving maggot", or something
#similar. (Actually, it says, "[Blah blah,] your session has expired,
#please sign in again" -- but if I do that and then try the curl
#command on the URLs in the new page, the exact same thing happens.)
#
#Any suggestions?
#
#Thanks,