[ale] Redhat 8.0 - on CNN Headline News!!

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Feb 27 12:06:01 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Geoffrey wrote:

> Joe wrote:
> > Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net> writes:

> >>You know, that's the thing that pisses me off.  Take any average Joe
> >>and have them install Windows...
> >

> > Hey, I did it yesterday. But maybe I'm not average, I dunno.
>
> Exactly.  I've done a number of installs, both Linux and windows.  I've
> found Linux much easier to install.  I would never ask the average Joe
> (or Joanne) to attempt an install of windows.  My wife couldn't do it,
> my mother-in-law couldn't do it, my neighbor couldn't do it.  All this
> talk of how hard Linux is to install is plain fud.

Since most people I know purchase the OS already installed on the box when
they purchase it, FUD it is for certain.  Of course, given the tendency
for windows to require re-installation...

<<sigh>> Last week I lost a battle with a Win98 box for my girlfriend,
partly due to a lack of experience with '98 admittedly. Until her employer
changes to something else, my chance of moving her off Windows is exactly
nil...