[ale] Terabyte of data

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Feb 26 08:32:05 EST 2003

My main concern is processor speed.  I'm going to be providing this data
as well as writing software to keep it Blowfish encrypted.  Every bit of
it.  I do not know the specs of why/how the blowfish has to work but I
know that it may need to be done.  I need good product because I need a
"cookie cutter" solution.  My main concern is FS speed and hardware
speed.  I'll be investigating which FS can give use good speed.  It may
be that I would have to write a very small FS that provides the basics
and does encryption on the fly.  I need at least 128bit encryption.  The
more I think about it, it may be a custom fs is needed.

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 07:28, Robert L. Harris wrote

--
"The Law of Leaky Abstractions"
There is a time where abstractions lead to the inablity to