[ale] Re:Can't boot after compiling Kernel

John M Trostel jtrostel at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 22 12:18:03 EST 2003

> In order to use my supported winmodem modules, I need something other
> than the 2.4.18 kernel in my SuSE 7.1 distro. I do make xconfig, make
> clean, make dep, (Will check .bashistory, or whatever it is, to make
> sure I did make dep.)

hmmm.... make xconfig
	 make clean
	 make dep

	move bzImage

wait.. where's just plain 'make'.. or 'make install' or 'make bzImage'?

or did you just neglect to mention that?

> I move bzImage to /boot, run lilo with correct root, but bzImage
> panics, and I assume it doesn't have reiserfs module loaded. I can't

Is reiserfs your /boot?  You'd probably be better to compile it into the
kernel then wouldn't you? (Instead of making it a module).

--
John M Trostel <jtrostel at mindspring.com>