[ale] Linux bay

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Thu Feb 20 11:13:27 EST 2003

I am not totally sure what it is "linux bay" is supposed to be exactly, but
if you are trying to "qualify" a programmer's chops, then I recall something
kinda sourceforge-like where a programmer's status was "voted" on by the
members of project that the member had been a part of on the website.  There
were certain steps to become a vetted programmer or "master" programmer and
vetted programmers were higher up the food chain than a newbie programmer or
a mid-level programmer.  Of course, since a mathematician-type came up with
it, there were some pretty slick checks and balances in the rating
alogrithms to prevent a person or even persons from manipulating the system.
I will look thru my links library, but I can't recall the site, but the
explanation of the checks and balances was pretty sophisticated.

Of course, there's always the present method - those who contribute the most
over a period of time get brand name recognition in the community.

Greg