[ale] OT: LWP::Simple and referer?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Wed Feb 19 11:15:33 EST 2003

Ok, I'm working on a perl script that downloads image.  I currently have
it digging through an index to find a page with an image.  It loads that
page and then pulls out the link to the image.

For about 6 sites this works great but one site seems to error out when
my script hits it and submits a "this image is currently unavailable"
image instead.  The page with the link to the image is a .php script.
I'm thinking it's pulling a referer value or such from the browser that
my script isn't passing.  Does anyone know if a referer value or such
can be passed with LWP?  I'm not see'ing any post/get values passed to
the php when I click the actual image or anything.

Robert

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID: E344DA3B
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:
FYI:

 PGP signature