[ale] PHP, ODBC & MSSQL

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Feb 17 22:05:07 EST 2003

James P. Kinney III said:
> Can you export the database to a real DBMS (Postgresql, Mysql, BerkelyDB
> :) and ODBC it back to Access. That using it for PHP should be no
> problem.

On that note, check out pgadminII (pgadmin.postgresql.org).  It allows
easy conversion and data export/import of Access and Sql Server dbs.  It
requires windows to run (it's written in VB), but run it once to convert
the db and you're done with windows for good.  I used Win4lin and it
worked perfectly.

pgadminIII, currently in development, will run on Linux.

John