[ale] PHP, ODBC & MSSQL

Jonathan Glass (IBB) jonathan.glass at ibb.gatech.edu
Mon Feb 17 21:20:05 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-17 at 17:31, Jim wrote:
> Earlier, someone on the list asked about getting PHP to connect to MS SQL
> Server. This article explains how one guy did it:
>
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6636&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

If I could just figure out how to access (no pun) a MS Access database
sitting on a Solaris box, via PHP on Apache on a Linux web server, then
I could save myself the cost of a Windows server license (especially
since this is for a simple intranet page!).  Anyone had any success with
this type of setup?

I am currently running it off a mapped drive, and an NT server box
w/Apache2 and PHP...but I REALLY want to let that server go to wherever
it is M$ products go when they die.

:)

PS
I've been tinkering with this off and on for like 3 years w/little
success.  :(

Jonathan Glass
SSS, IBB, GTEC, Georgia Tech