[ale] OT: [Fwd: LOTTERY]

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Mon Feb 17 18:17:43 EST 2003

They're spammers, and they want your email address, not your bank info.
You replied, so they can now sell your email address for more money as a
"verified" email address.  Verified meaning that a live-person clicked
on a link or in some otherway "verified" that they received/read the
email message.  Spamming is big business, and they're getting sneakier
all the time.  Also, NEVER click on the "click here to be removed"
links.  A fraction of unwanted emails adhere to this "American Law", but
most spam originates from overseas server, and thus aren't accountable
in the US.  They'll know that a person "clicked" on the link (to be
removed), but ultimately, they'll turn around and sell it as a more
expensive "verified" email address.

Regards,
CB

Brian J. Dowd wrote:

| Maybe next you'll be asked to forward your bank acct number to them
| so they can electronically "deposit" your million dollars...
| I just can't wait to see their next e-mail :-)
| -Brian
|
|> You guys have the same lucky numbers as me!  How did that happen?!  ;-)
|>
|> -Jerry

responded to the email address provided to see how to get my 'winnings.'
:)  It should be interesting to find out how they are running this scam.