[ale] unusual amount of 'net attacks from .fr ?

Pilar Losada LosadaP at wanadoo.es
Sun Feb 16 11:45:46 EST 2003

Yes. They are the same organisation.  I don't work with Wanadoo, but I 'm a
customer of theirs. Wanadoo is the second largest ISP in Spain and I
believe, it is the largest in France. As far as the attacks are concerned,
you 've got to keep in mind that people in Europe do a good deal of their
computing/hacking from Cyber cafés.  The connection is cheap and very fast,
and the would-be cracker  erroneously imagines that he is operating
anonymously and thus with impunity.

I would guess that Wanadoo makes a lot of money from  these  Cybers; there
seems to be one on every corner; this might perhaps explain why they're so
reticent to act against these hackers. They're  unwilling to jeopardize  one
of their more important sources of revenue.

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who works with Wanadoo. They are down in
Alicante I 'm about 1000 km to the North West of them.

Kindest Regards,

Andy