[ale] network problem

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Sat Feb 15 16:51:08 EST 2003

Oh no. This is RedHat 7.2. I added the nic card because I believe it will
solve a problem with bottlenecking that I have with a software problem that I
am having. The program takes days to run.

Do you get twice the bandwidth using 2 nics? If so, why don't all servers have
2 nics on them? Shouldn't the solution be more common?

Perhaps the bond0 driver will be able to route the traffic from the program
through the two nics and cut the time in half. The bottle neck is not at the
internet connection. I can run 3 boxes at full speed.

Plus, I will be using this same server for NFS. I wanted to make sure that my
two clients are served well while the program is in use.

Drew

On Saturday 15 February 2003 3:40 pm, you wrote:
> Wish I could help more, but I have no idea when it comes to ethernet
> channel bonding.  Perhaps this is something your distro did without your
> consent?
>
> John
>
> ChangingLINKS.com said:
> > On list. Thank you for helping me. I got all addicted to NFS, and now I
> > am  unable to get to my data from my clients. :)
> >
> > Drew
> >
> > On Saturday 15 February 2003 2:25 pm, you wrote:
> >> That looks like the output from ifconfig on one of your
> >> machines....I'd need route and ifconfig output from both (client and
> >> server).
> >>
> >> John
> >>

> > --
> > Wishing you Happiness, Joy and Laughter,
> > Drew Brown
> > http://www.ChangingLINKS.com

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com