[ale] KVM or alternative

Josh Freeman josh at catea.org
Thu Feb 13 12:22:39 EST 2003

I wouldn't get a 2 port KVM unless they are substantially cheaper than
the 4 port. I don't know about you, but I keep having more and more
machines show up on my desk, and I kept an extra set of wires so I could
hook up a machine when my [mom's | friend's ] machine broke and showed
up on my doorstep

On a somewhat related note, has anyone had any luck with USB KVM
switches? I got one at work, but every time I switched away from the
linux box, I lost the connection to the mouse and keyboard. It was a
cheap KVM switch, so it may not have had the keyboard emulation that
nicer switches have.

Thanks,

Josh

--