[ale] Linux on an Apple iBook

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Wed Feb 12 15:45:33 EST 2003

I dual booted an iBook (much slower) before OS X came out, using Yellow
Dog Linux. Except for trying to get my tiny mind wrapped around the boot
procedure, and a couple of maturity issues (sound for one), it ran well,
and presented no headaches. Ditto with SuSe, although the boot process for
SuSe was different than Yellow Dog.

Since putting OS X 10.2 on that machine, I haven't messed with Linux on
Mac as it has been just much easier to boot OS X and be done with it. As
such, I'd be curious about your more recent experiences.