[ale] How much wattage in my server?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Wed Feb 12 10:17:16 EST 2003

Ok, I've got a server with a dead power supply and am trying to figure
out what size of supply I need to replace it...

Configuration:
  Tyan 2466 Motherb board
  dual AMD Athalon 1.8GHz
  2x 8port 3ware IDE cards
  16x 120Gig Maxtor Hard drives (yes, 16 drives)
  Dual Nic (100bT and 100bT)
  ATI VGA card
  3 Case Mount Fans...

I've never had to calculate the wattage needed for a power supply
before.  Is it just a count up the drives and hope there's specs on them
and then try to add up the various components the same way?

Robert

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID: E344DA3B
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:
FYI:

 PGP signature