[ale] Semi-OT: I'm changing my name to Griswald...

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Wed Feb 12 09:41:09 EST 2003

  The jokes about traveling with me are a standing thing in my family.
ANY time I take any kind of trip of consequence, especially flying,
SOMETHING happens.  We were going to fly to a very small town in Alabama
that NEVER has a full flight.  My inlaws have been flying there for 7
years and never seen a flight more than 3/4 full.  I go to the airport
and it seems a tropical storm in Florida has blocked out an airport and
everyone going to Panama City is flying to Dothan Alabama instead since
it's only a 4 hour drive from Panama... Of course.

  Trips to Florida to visit my family end up with a hurricane hitting
out of nowhere, trips to Vegas involve bizzare weather, flight patterns,
etc, you name it.

  Crap like that always happens.  Even with just daily life.  Went to
buy a house and closing was yesterday.  Almost walked a way from it
because of the crap with the lawer that "Never Happens" according to the
mortgage broker.  Knowing my luck and the rep this broker has with our
family I believed him though and put up with everything.

  Well, we were scheduled to move in on Friday afternoon.  Sweet, that
means we can go to the Key Signing Party (My wife was going as well out
of some kinda morbid curiosity like you go to the zoo to watch polar
bears swim in ice water)...  Crap.  It turns out the other family is
going to be out at Noon on Thurs so we're moving thursday instead.
Blah.  Getting out of my in-laws spare room and a quarter and into our
own house has over ridden the ale meeting.

  In the next two years we're gonna take a European Vacation, I'm
gonna change my name to griswald and have National Lampoon credits put
on my tombstone.  Hell, why not.

So much for that meeting :<
  Robert

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID: E344DA3B
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:
FYI:

 PGP signature