[ale] USB mouse

Thomas Holmquist fishy at ipa.net
Mon Feb 10 21:55:39 EST 2003

I have a Dell Inspiron 8100 with 2 internal mice (ps2 I suppose) But I
also want to be able to use and external USB mouse.

Ive enabled all the needed USB stuff in the kernel and the mouse is
detected on bootup (it even tells me the model name :) (and beeps when I
unplug/plug the mouse)

What should I add to XF86Config-4 to get it to work under Xwindows?

heres my current Input device section:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc104"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"