[ale] .Xclients won't run

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Feb 10 14:20:57 EST 2003

Code in question:

if [ -f $HOME/.Xclients ]; then
    exec $HOME/.Xclients
elif [ -f /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients ]; then
    exec /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients
else
       # failsafe settings.  Although we should never get here
       # (we provide fallbacks in Xclients as well) it can't hurt.
       xclock -geometry 100x100-5+5 &
       xterm -geometry 80x50-50+150 &

This is in my /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc file.

Dows ~.Xclients have executable permissions?