[ale] The rest of Redhat - FREE HAT!!! FREE HAT!!!

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Fri Feb 7 17:35:55 EST 2003

WHO IS IMPRESSED?
WHO IS IMPRESSED?

I damn near have tears in my eyes!

SUSE ROCKS!
SUSE 8.1 ROCKS!

I burned an 18mb CD, and it installed EVERYTHING while I was on the phone. It
even had the driver for my network card AND the dude a SUSE helped me find
the Install over the Internet links.

IT IS FASTER
IT IS MORE STABLE
IT IS EASIER TO INSTALL

I can't believe it. Redhat 8.0 ??? Seriously?
It seems like all my Linux problems are over.

Originally, I didn't try Suse because the rumor was that it was harder to
install, and it did not have as many features for the desktop. That must have
changed. I am scared because I get a strong feeling that I am about to
reinstall my ENTIRE system to SUSE 8.1. (Ok, just the client machines for
now. Discpline. Disciplne. (I can barely spell it).

Dude! I am happy. My RedHat 8.0 was crashing more than Windows (I think it may
have had something to do with the display drivers because I saw a screen on
the final crash before installing SUSE).

Man! (I am kinda feeling insecure about the loss of Gnome - but I am so
impressed with everything else - I used to HATE KDE because it seemed so slow
and buggy). Like, I guess that the Yast system installed all updated
packages, so I didn't have to do a 30 minute install AND then turn around and
run up2date for another 30+ minutes.

I haven't even installed worker yet because the normal programs a have enough
speed.

Dude! Let me shut up now. New TOY!
I know one way to blow some of this energy. . . log in to other window
managers and see if it runs worse than RedHat 7.0.

Does someone want a used RedHat baseball cap?
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com