[ale] Ranaming partitions and mount points

db 2000 db2000 at elon.edu
Thu Feb 6 11:27:12 EST 2003

I am trying to install a hard drive from a dysfunctional Linux server into a functional one to get the data from the drive. However, the mount points are the same on both drives and that obviously won't work.

I am thinking that I should rename the partitions and/or the mount points on the drive in question, but I don't know how. Does anyone know what I should do?

The drive in question is functional hardware-wise, just something about the os seems to be corrupt and won't boot. It may have been hacked.... anyway, all we need is the data from it. We already have another server ready to go.

thanks!!