[ale] Bobness and Jonathanness (and some PHP)

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Feb 5 08:39:25 EST 2003

I would say to skip the Platform dependent security books and focus on
security in general.  After you master the theories and understand fully
what is going on you may want to get info in regards to locking down
specific systems.

>From my firewall software (firewall on a disk), I only use Linux to
provide me with 2 things

1) A Kernel for POSIX and HW support
2) iptables for a filtering solution and an interface to the
   filters.

#2 is what you should really learn if you are using Linux.  But it is
linux specific.  Many people here know how complex those command line
options for the kernel interface can be.