[ale] OT: Space Shuttle Columbia

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Wed Feb 5 00:29:15 EST 2003

Chris -

I was thinking of this only in terms of an emergency re-entry, i.e.,
with tiles known to be compromised.  Such a thing, if it were even
possible, might require g-loading in excess of nomimal ranges but not so
high as to result in airframe failure or the pilot's losing
consciousness.

My intuition tells me that you'd have to be near-superhuman to pull off
such a thing, especially without computer guidance, but near-superhumans
do exist...