[ale] OT: secure PHP questions

J.M. Taylor jtaylor at onlinea.com
Tue Feb 4 08:30:17 EST 2003

Greetings Ale,

Can anyone point me to some resources for the theory behind using tokens
for anonymous online voting (how the tokens are generated so that they're
not tied to an individual, how they're used, how to avoid spoofing, etc)?

Also I'm working on a very secure authentication mechanism, written in
PHP, and I would dearly love to discuss whether I'm simply deluding myself
that it's secure or if it really is secure with anyone versed in browser
security (PHP knowledge is not necessary, I think the theory will hold
regardless of the language used).  Will be happy to share source
code...once the security of it has been established and some of the uglier
code ironed out I'm going to make it available anyway.

Many thanks
jenn

--
Jenn Taylor