[ale] WAY OT: Air tools?

Christopher Ness mness215 at attbi.com
Mon Feb 3 18:06:29 EST 2003

On Monday 03 February 2003 10:59 am, Robert L. Harris wrote:
.  The compressor had plenty of
> preasure and the wrench was hitting just not very hard it seemed, I
> tried the dial on the bottom of the wrench, no change.

OKAY - Here's the scoop. It is not the pressure that is the problem. It is the
CFM. You are undoubtedly trying to use a 1/4" hose and fittings. Do not use
1/4" for anything other that a two foot stinger connecting your main hose to
the wrench.. Use at least a 3/8" hose and better yet, a 1/2inch hose. You
still want to keep it as short as possible. If you must do a longer run use
pipe with as few 90's as possible. Fluid friction will do you in.
Yes, I know that it is much easier to get 1/4 inch and cheaper too, but it
will not deliver the CFM - and an impact wrench is one of the biggest
consumers of pressure.
--
Chris Ness
mailto:cness at earthlink.net               All jobs are equally easy to