[ale] WAY OT: Air tools?

msmith at mikeandmel.com msmith at mikeandmel.com
Mon Feb 3 14:19:11 EST 2003

I have thought about getting some air tools for those
hard to reach bolts and for the speed but I haven't
really run into a situation where I couldn't use a good
breaker bar and torque wrench to resolve a tightened
bolt.  It takes longer to do everything but I haven't
run into a bolt I can't loosen....  It would be nice to
have an impact wrench for tires and alternator pulleys,
though...

"Robert L. Harris" wrote:

> Yeah, then I can use the air chisel to cut out the lug
> that I just
> broke... :>
>

> Thus spake cfowler (cfowler at outpostsentinel.com):
>
> > You need to get a very long pipe.  Allow the pipe to
> act as a fulcrum to
> > provide way more power than the 120lb wrench.  You
> can use your body
> > weight too.
> >

> > On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 11:20, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> > >

> > > The directions for the impact wrench say not to
> exceed 120lb, I dialed
> > > it all the way up to 120 and it didn't help.  It
> was able to tighten
> > > them down nicely but for breaking loose the
> existing ones did squat.
> > >
> > > Thus spake L. Wayne James (wjames at mindspring.com):

> at the tank where you set the
> is set too low.  Look at the
> the "hose pressure"

> wrench and not the "air ratchet".
> itself.  The air drive in it is

> recently and I'm looking for some
when
> I get my house and have
> wierd stumper Sat.  I
> car so I could change his
> lugnuts which were removed
The
> compressor had plenty of
> very hard it seemed, I
> change.

> how-to's for air tools, etc?

> air chissel to cut open
> actually)...

> ID: E344DA3B
> x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
for
> no-one else.

$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'

> > > :wq!

> > > Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID:
> E344DA3B
> > >                                          @
> x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
> > > DISCLAIMER:
> > >       These are MY OPINIONS ALONE.  I speak for
> no-one else.
> > > FYI:
> > >  perl -e 'print

$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'

> :wq!

> Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID:
> E344DA3B
>                                          @
> x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
> DISCLAIMER:
>       These are MY OPINIONS ALONE.  I speak for no-one
> else.
> FYI:
>  perl -e 'print

$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'

Michael Smith
AIM: MikAtlanta
MSN: MikeAshtonSmith
email: msmith at mikeandmel.com