[ale] how to get bash to run .bash_profile?

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Sun Feb 2 23:30:45 EST 2003

Nope.  Shouldn't.

Here's an excerpt from `man bash`:

When  bash is invoked as an interactive login shell, or as a
non‐inter‐
       active shell with the −−login option, it first reads
and executes  com‐
       mands  from  the file /etc/profile, if that file exists.  After
reading
       that file, it looks for ~/.bash_profile, ~/.bash_login, and
~/.profile,
       in  that order, and reads and executes commands from the first one
that
       exists and is readable.  The −−noprofile option may be
used  when  the
       shell is started to inhibit this behavior.

John