[ale] recovering an ext3 drive

Adrin haswes at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 1 21:09:56 EST 2003

I have to agree with Bob.  I have used windows for years, but always wanted to use
Unix/Linux.  There a great advantages.

One that I cam across on Friday was nice.  I was able to swap out a failing hard drive.
Use a crash recovery disk and do a complete restore.  All in less than 4 hours.  Every
backup package I have seen for a windows system doesn't have this. You have to reinstall
windows and then the backup software and then do a restore. Ewwwwwwww

Adrin

ef=sr_8_1/104-0034927-8779166?v=glance&s=books&n=507846