[ale] Slightly OT: HW @ Classic Salvage

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 1 14:27:15 EST 2003

	I just returned from my favorite salvage store, and I saw several items
that may be of interest to this group:

	1 Solaris 7 server for Sparc (box w/ media & manuals)
	1 Solaris 8 for Sparc (box w/ media & manuals)
	1 box of Cat 5 cable
	1 box of std. power cords ($1 each)
	several instances of 19 inch rackmounts.  These are very tall enclosed
cabinets, black with 1/8 inch holes in a mesh pattern for air transfer.
They seemed at least 8 feet tall to me.  They're in various stages of
condition, some bent, some broken, some pristene, some with wheels, many
without.
	1 shorter rack mount.  I don't know what these are called, but they
look like an inverted 'T', but can accept a std. 19 inch rack mount
chassis.  Perhaps they're only for routers/patch panels.

	I have no association with Classic, except as a satisfied customer.

		Classic Surplus Sales
		3571 Broad St
		Atlanta GA 30341

	They close today @ 3, so try 'em on Monday.  Tell 'em I sent you, and