[ale] rinetd + Kernel 2.4.22

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Thu Aug 28 20:15:10 EDT 2003

Hep!

I've been running 2.4.19 on my debian-woody router-firewall.  It's been runing
great for a long time.   One of the services I run is rinetd, to redirect
three ports.  Two are redirected to my "semi-public" server which sits in a
DMZ.  One is to a real public server (scs.yahoo.com, used for yahoo's
messenger).

When I run 2.4.22, rinetd no longer listens on port 5050 like it does for
2.4.19.  I can find no log or debug information or options for rinetd.  The
2.4.19 kernel is built specifically for this machine, starting with the same
.config I used in 2.4.19, and doing "make oldconfig".

My next step (if nobody here can help), is to debug rinetd source - not
something I really want to do.  Anybody have any better ideas?

David