[ale] OT: Republicans Outsource

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Thu Aug 28 11:20:47 EDT 2003

> It's called a market economy and I don't know how you expect
> Libertarian's to be on the side of protectionists  -- that seems to have
> a disconnect with what I've always been told the Libertarian's want.

agreed.

> Anyway, if you send out an RFP and get back two bids of equal quality
> but separate price, which one do you go with?

The less expensive one of course!

> I have no desire to see my fellow American's out of work, but saying
> American's deserve jobs just because they are American's seems counter
> to that "all men are created equal" thing.  Or are some men just more
> equal than others.

Some feel that "we as Americans" should stick together to protect our economy.
It is in parallel with "we as a particular race" or "we as a union" thinking.
See also: http://www.msnbc.com/news/952421.asp%3f0cv=CB10
Discussion: http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=632585

> Perhaps the American IT workers ought to focus on showing how they are
> better than off-shore workers.

bingo! booya! "and all that!" word! correct. exactly! right on! etc.

> Perhaps we ought to start dropping those
> meaningless vendor certifications in favor of higher education and
> Professional Engineering certifications like the other engineering
> disciplines have done.
> -andy

If US workers followed that theory, what would be the result?:
	a. The US workers would be overqualified and thus out of work.
	b. The US workers would be able to justify and qualify for higher pay.
	c. The US workers would be able to complete the same task in less time.
	d. The US would attract and retain highly technical jobs and help the economy
	d. all of the above
	e. b-d
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com

P.S. I still think that George Bush is wrong for outsourcing. It