[ale] how to make a windows sysadmin functional on Unix

matty91 at bellsouth.net matty91 at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 28 09:28:46 EDT 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Christopher Fowler wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 09:45:55PM -0400, Steve Tynor wrote:
> >
> > Ideas?
>
> Honestly.... Do not give out the root password.  Have him/her install
> Linux at home and play around with it.  Solaris is UNIX but different

Books can also assist with this.

> when it comes to administration.  Maybe some Sun courses.  I've tried to do

Having come from a heavy Solaris backgroup, you can get up to speed
with http://docs.sun.com. Take a look at teh ADministration collection
for the version of Solaris you are using.

> what you are doing and I've failed.  UNIX is an amazing operating system that
> takes time to learn.

Ryan Matteson - UNIX Administrator | GPG ID: 92D5DFFF
Public Key: http://www.daemons.net/~matty/public_key.txt
Fingerprint = 4BEC 6145 30A6 BCE6 5602 FF11 4954 165D 92D5 DFFF