[ale] KDE/Gnome show of hands?

James Sumners james at sumners.ath.cx
Wed Aug 27 23:55:27 EDT 2003

Not any more. But if I am using E then I am not using a desktop environment
any way. I like using just a window manager and nothing more.

E is not a dead project. 0.16.5 has been considered the end of the line for
quite some time while work on 0.17 has been taking place. There has been some
recent maintenence work done to the 0.16 tree though so it is not completely
dead. The 0.17 release is, from what I saw Rasterman demo at @lanta.con a
couple years ago, going to be a desktop environment with some really cool
features. At the time he showed it off he was able to just start typing a path
to bring up an "explorer" at that location. I can't wait for the 0.17 tree to
see a release [not going to happen any time soon].

<quote who="Matthew Brown">
> Does E run well with Gnome?  I know it used to do, but I haven't seen much
from them lateley, and I guess I assumed it was buffaloed.

--
I used to be interested in Windows NT, but the more I see of it the more it
looks like traditional Windows with a stabler kernel. I don't find anything