[ale] KDE/Gnome show of hands?

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 27 19:13:37 EDT 2003

John Wells wrote:
> I see various post recommending this or that environment, but I've not
> seen anyone explaining why.
>
> So, if you have a second today, could you state:
>
> 1. Which do you use...KDE/Gnome/Other?

KDE

> 2. Why?

Interoperability of KDE apps is exceptional. Also, dependencies are not
as tisted as in Gnome. KDE remains committed to allowing users to
customize as much as they want to. Gnome has backed away from that
philosophy. And NO! KDE was not the first windowing environment I used.
I was a Gnome fan until they started getting squirrelly about window
managers. They have had three different ones so far, for those who count.