[ale] KDE/Gnome show of hands?

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Wed Aug 27 09:33:58 EDT 2003

By the way, I use Gnome, and have since Red Hat 6.0.  Before that, I used
WindowMaker.

And I use it because I'm far more comfortable with it, and because I
didn't like the concept of Trolltech being the driving body behind the
core libraries of KDE.

Now that Qt is truly open source, I'm thinking about taking another look,
but for some darned reason KDE still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Perhaps it's the Kompany packaging partially broken applications and
requiring you to pay to un-break them.  Perhaps that KDE apps intergrate
well...20% of the time.

Anyway, thanks for your opinion, if you provide it.

John