[ale] 802.11B PCI Card?

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 26 15:27:23 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 08:01, Mark Angeli wrote:
> What distro are you running?
>
> Slackware 9.0 booted the wp11 no problems at all default, and I was on the
> network easier than with Windows.
>
> I'd stick with the wp11.

What version WP11 do you have? From reading the docs, 2.0 and 2.5 works with
Prism drivers. Linksys changed the chipset on version 2.7, and went to
Broadcom. Broadcom is closed source with no drivers.

Anyway, the yack about the card is here:
   http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/archive/3/2003/06/3/30869

and basically, Linksys WMP11 Version 2.7 (the one on the shelves at CompUSA
right now) uses the Broadcom chip and does not work under Linux. If you have
version 2.7 running, please let me know how - so I can try again.