[ale] [OT] Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent or Not.

Brad LaJeunesse brad at magusaptus.com
Tue Aug 26 08:21:03 EDT 2003

> Sez who? (Seriously.) A god that can do anything it wants doesn't have
> to obey human constructs like justice.

Who says justice (in broad concept/definition) is a human construct? Sure, I
could go out and kill a few people, but am I going to do it? No. That
doesn't mean I don't have the power to.

> Take any prophesy about the actions of others. It's *already* prophesy,
> the deck is stacked, and free will goes out the window. Peter either
> denies three times, or christ is a false prophet. One of the twelve
> apostles is condemned to betray christ... or christ is a liar.

Again, pre-knowledge does not constitute execution of divine power. Christ
KNEW what was going to happen. He said what was going to happen. End of
story.

Now, the kicker: did Jesus saying what was going to happen actually *cause*
the series of events to follow? :)

> Okay, I think I'm following you... but are you trying to imply that us
> physics-taught-monkeys actually have a *use*? :-)

Maybe there is a symbiotic existance between physics-taught-monkeys and the
divine. HellifIknow. ~~8-)

Brad LaJeunesse, PINES System Administrator
Georgia Public Library Service
www.georgialibraries.org

"Scotty, I need warp speed in three minutes or we're all dead!"
--Admiral James T. Kirk, Star Trek II: "The Wrath of Khan"