[ale] Help in this forum

Dow Hurst dhurst at kennesaw.edu
Mon Aug 25 05:39:08 EDT 2003

I'd like to know what the question was, and hopefully, have it stated
with enough info for someone to give it a shot.  I usually skip the
political stuff now.  I use threads alot and block mark threads as read
so as not to tempt me.  I have this annoying desire to click on each
unread email in the ALE folder to keep all email as read.  Anyone else
have this compulsive behavior too?;-)

I've wondered if on some subjects, such as KDE or Gnome manipulation for
two examples, that the ALE list is reaching a point of lack of
knowledge.  I have no experience in configuring the window managers
except thru the point and click interfaces.  They are getting really
complex with lots of options.  I used to play with fvwm95 configuring
some of the options via the text based config files.  Maybe Linux and
associated software is moving so fast now that some parts are obviously
not going to be supported by users groups nearly as well as the stable
unchanging stuff.  Some cutting edge topics for hardware problems are
ACPI and APIC configuration.  All I know is to turn them on or off at
boot via the Grub command line.
Dow