[ale] Comcast not in the real world!

Rebecca Jones jones.rebecca at comcast.net
Sun Aug 24 23:23:40 EDT 2003

<snip>

> Has anybody had experience with them ??

I was still running Windows when I had to call them, so I can't answer on that
count.

Unfortunately my personal experiences have not been positive.  I was having a
similar problem and was told by the first person I spoke with that it must be
my modem since the network in my area was fine.  I bought my own and the
customer service rep. tried to tell me that my modem could not obtain an IP
address due to some bizarre incompatibility ... even though I'd been using
the modem for almost 6 months with no issues.  The status light was also
blinking, indicating the modem could not establish a connection with the
network ... *at all*.  (Looked like a network issue to me.)  I think she just
didn't have a clue and wanted to pass the buck.  (She told me to call the
manufacturer of my modem.)

When I called back again, I got someone who agreed to send someone to
troubleshoot.  Turns out, it was a faulty splitter.  Is there any chance your
cable is fuzzy when the network goes out?  That was the other indicator of my
problem.

Hopefully, your experience will be more positive.

Beckie