[ale] Help in this forum

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Sun Aug 24 20:25:54 EDT 2003

> > He is not saying "kill all politics." He just questions why this list
> > is getting more like /. or fark. We should question why our
> > "intelligence level has dimished."
>
> I don't believe the intelligence level has dimished.

I am saying that our intelligence to stay away from "useless debates" has
diminished BECAUSE there has been an increase in the number of flamewars.
In the past, it was more quickly (thus intelligently) avoided. Whether it is
true or not, I remember when I first got on this list wrote a personal flame,
someone mentioned that it was flame FREE until that point.

(I am not saying that we as members have "lost brain cells." Another reason
there have been more flamewars may be due to 9/11, the Iraq invasion, and the
dramatic economic changes. Plenty of fodder. I am just hoping that IF we have
another flame war, it can be more fun. religion or income taxes. Politics is
just "the bottom of the barrel of flamewars")

> > For example, we should be intelligent enough to know (as Bob Toxen
> > knew and pleaded) that the political arguments, positions, and
> > RESULTS of the issues are not unique or new.
>
> Agreed.

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com