[ale] RE: [ale] Help in this forum

John Marasco john at marasco.net
Sun Aug 24 13:48:53 EDT 2003

Seems to me like you have only two choices if you don't want to figure
it out yourself and you don't want to wait and/or continue asking until
someone decides to help you.  You can...

1) spend $200 for Windows XP and then $300 for office and you get FREE
help (of extremely limited and questionable value), for like 30 days or so.

2) call RedHat, SuSE, Emperor or some other Linux reseller and they too
will be happy to help you for a per hour dollar figure.

The fact that people choose to persue other interests rather than help
you should come as no surprise.  This is not a technical support line
where people are paid to answer questions.

Given that fact, I've found this to be a good source of information on
Linux, you just have to be patient and considerate, that's all.  If you
want free help every time with little wait, your best bet is to ask the
same question on as many newsgroups as possible and hope for the best.