[ale] Re: SMC card and Linux

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Aug 24 15:32:23 EDT 2003

I've got my card to work and have went back to the linksys.  The
SMC seemd extremely slow. I could scp 35m with the linksys in under
3 minutes.  With the SMC, scp was reporting an ETA of 10 minutes +.  I
never did let it finish to see what the real time was.  When I ssh'ed into
my server via the smc I would get pauses while typing.  My main plan was
to use this card on an old XP laptop but I wanted to test in Linux.  $10
was a good deal for a card but it seems that you get what you pay for in
that respect.  My next card purchase will be the Orinoco Gold because
I want an external antenna.  That obvioulsy will be for Linux and the
Linksys will be downgraded to Winbloze only ;)

Chris